The Unit  

Posted by Mesmorino in , ,

I gotta say, I really like The Unit now. A large part of that is due to the intro theme tune, which has me dancing to it if i happen to be on my feet when it kicks in. I actually want to know what's happening with Jonas & company, and I like their day to day (or perhaps mission to mission) exploits. As before, i much prefer the show when it focuses on the unit itself, but the wives have sorta grown on me. I caught the season finale last night (although I still don't know what season it is), and it was pretty good i thought, if a little confusing in places. I don't know how to describe it to someone who hasn't seen it (the whole show, not last night's episode). Like, each episode's mission is self contained, but you get occasional call backs to previous episodes, and then several episodes down the line it all comes together, but not so much that you lose the thread if you miss one episode. It works for the most part.


Flashforward is just there, and with the revelation that the future guy is in on the conspiracy it's just annoying. We're what, four episodes in and this was dropped already? It's something that could have been held back for a few more episodes at least. I liked the bit about the guy who needed surgery, the way the visions might influence people's jobs was interesting. The problem I find with it is that it's still. a self fulfilling prophecy. Like, a guy sees himself at a job six months down the line, so he applies for the job. To steal and mangle a quote from The Oracle in The Matrix, would he still have applied for the job if he hadn't seen anything? It's like the show's basically said "This is what will happen, so stfu and make it happen" I don't really like that, but whatever. As long it doesn't get too far up it's own quantum singularity, i'm fine with it

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

Tags