The Unit  

Posted by Mesmorino in , ,

So I started watching this show too, right after i watched FlashForward actually. I'd heard a lot about it, mostly good things but you know how people are, they'll always gush about shows they like. My first impression's mostly good, because hey i like the action shows. The only detriment is the bit about the personal lives of the soldiers. It's probably because i've literally just jumped into the series (I don't even know what episode in what season i am), but i don't care about the Wives and Girlfriends. It just felt like such a distraction from the main story, like a useless subplot about some dude who's getting engaged and how he doesn't make it back, blah blah blah. In comparison, the main plot is about the unit giving America's support to this insurgent General in some other country. It features a kidnapping, attempted interrogationm, and intrigue. Yanking me away right in the middle of wondering just who kidnapped the senator to talk about some people i don't know or care about isn't very wise. I stuck with it only because i know the show by its very nature will have action scenes sooner or later

I must say, i've been watching a lot of tv recently. I was watching the new Knight Rider series up until it ended (once again i jumped in at the middle, and i hope it was season 1 that just ended), and i really liked it. While it got a bit stupid towards the end, watching a cool car transform is always enjoyabe. More videogames later.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

Tags